Friday, October 26, 2012

BENEFITS FOR SERVING GOD

And it came to pass after many days that the word of the Lord came to Elijah, in the third year saying, go, present yourself to Ahab and I will send rain on the earth. So Elijah went to present himself to Ahab and there was a severe famine in Samaria - 1 Kings 18 : 1 - 2. 

When we serve God with all our heart, He will be moved and make us a celebrity. People are bound to fear you because you are not alone. God has put fear in you so that when the enemy see you they will be afraid of you.

Now as Obadiah was on his way, suddenly Elijah met him and he recognised him and fell on his face and said, is that you, my lord Elijah? And he answered him, it is I. Go, tell your master, Elijah is here. So he said, how have I sinned, that you are delivering your servant into the hand of Ahab, to kill me? As the Lord your God lives, there is no nation or kingdom where my master has not sent someone to hunt for you and when they said, he is not here, he took an oath from the kingdom or nation that they could not find you. And now, you say, go tell your master, Elijah is here - 1 Kings 18 : 7 - 11.

And it shall come to pass, as soon as I am gone from you, that the Spirit of the Lord will carry you to a place I do not know, so when I go and tell Ahab and he cannot find you, he will kill me. But I your servant have feared the Lord from my youth.Was it not reported to my lord what I did when Jezebel killed the prophets of the Lord, how I hid one hundred men of the Lord's prophets, fifty to a cave and fed them with bread and water? - 1 Kings 18 : 12 - 13.

When you know whom is with you, you will be bold to go and speak to whom ever He instructed you to speak to. Kings will honor you and obey your command. It doesn't matter the level of the person He sent you to in the society. All you need to do is obey the instruction.

And now you say, go, tell your master, Elijah is here. He will kill me.Then Elijah said, As the Lord of hosts lives, before whom I stand, I will surely present myself to him today. So Obadiah went to meet Ahab and told him and Ahab went to meet Elijah. Then it happened, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said to him, is that you, O troubler of Israel? And He answered, I have not troubled Israel, but you and your father's house have, in that you have forsaken the commandments of the Lord and have followed Baals.                                 - 1  Kings 18 14 - 18..

Elijah was not afraid to speak to king Ahab because he knew who sent him the message. That is how we should be. We should be bold because the bible says fear not. Elijah told the servant that he was ready to present himself to Ahab.

Now therefore, send and gather all Israel to me on Mount Carmel, the four hundred and fifty prophets of Baal and the four hundred prophets of Asherah, who eat at Jezebel's table. - 1 Kings 18 : 19

What a mighty God we serve who is never ready to bring us down. We should serve Him with all our mind so that He can fulfil that which He has promised.

Father Lord, I thank You for  the opportunity You gave me to know You. Open my spiritual understanding to know You more in the midst of trials in Jesus name.




No comments:

Post a Comment